Another schoolgirl at Blue Coat Church of England School needed an ambulance after having the cervical cancer jab, it emerged last night.
The 15-year-old pupil became cold, weak and dizzy less than an hour after the vaccine and only a short time after schoolmate Natalie Morton became fatally ill.
Her symptoms were so severe that paramedics did emergency blood tests and an ECG scan in a back room at the school, the girl’s mother said.
Her twin sister also had the vaccine on Monday but suffered only a sore arm and tiredness. Neither have any allergies.
Last night the mother criticised Blue Coat School for failing to contact her and check on her daughter’s condition.
NHS Direct advised that she monitor her daughter and wake her during the night to check her responsiveness.
The mother, who has five children including twins, told the Daily Mail: ‘She was and still is really quite ill. I don’t know what caused it but she went to school perfectly healthy and became sick soon after the vaccine.
‘Now she’s completely out of sorts.
Paramedics said she might have been low on blood sugar because she hadn’t eaten lunch. But that’s not true – she did have lunch on Monday.
‘It’s a very anxious time. My daughter knew Natalie from seeing her around school and she’s petrified that whatever killed Natalie might have got to her too.
‘I’m angry that the school sought emergency medical help but haven’t followed it up at all. What happened is tragic for Natalie but where is the help in place for the girls who suffered side effects?
‘The school could face further tragedy unless they look after the victims of what seem to be horrendous symptoms from this cervical cancer vaccine.’